Suggestions

TOPIC: Suggestion: Yearly fees to support TR development

Suggestion: Yearly fees to support TR development 4 years 4 months ago #6854

• DerSam24
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
I can add a goal to a project folder, but unfortunately it is not displayed in the print details view. My wish would be to be able to export the goals in the project view as PDF. Also a complete list of all goals which can also be exported as PDF. Just a summary of all goals.

A goal consists of tasks and in the goal view these tasks should be listed, so that I know which tasks still have to be completed.

I want to work more towards my goals and therefore it would be good to show the views goal-oriented. Sub-goals would also be very good.
Last Edit: 4 years 4 months ago by DerSam24.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Suggestion: Yearly fees to support TR development 4 years 4 months ago #6857

• sokolgeo
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
DerSam24 wrote:
Your claims are taken out of context.

Those are facts, not "claims": (1) version from 2009 is available on SourceForge sourceforge.net/projects/thinkingrock/fi...kingRock/TR%202.2.1/ and (2) the 2009 code base has permissive license to freely develop it further.
These are facts, plain and simple.

Now to the claims:
DerSam24 wrote:
The development of TR has been stagnating for years now. People here would be willing to pay money if new features were added. But apparently the development doesn't pay off for the vendors of this software. Or can you tell me what new features have been added in the last few years?

For example, I would like to be able to print out my goals or export them as PDF. I've wanted this feature for several years now.

That's why I jumped ship years ago from my paid TR account to alternative solution, which is open source and being intensively developed further.
But I totally respect your right to offer more money to TR developers, despite this has been unsuccessful for about a year (?) so far.

DerSam24 wrote:
Using the code from 2009 is just like using an iPhone from 2009, most people wouldn't be happy with it. I would like the software to be further developed and would also be willing to pay for it, including an annual subscription. The developers should earn money with it, so that it pays off. Nobody should work for free.
The idea of releasing the code is only meant if the developers decide not to develop anything further. There was a similar case with the Blender 3D code back then and people are grateful for it today. I myself don't need the code because I'm not a developer, but a user and would like to have the often desired features added. I'm grateful for this software and what the developers have created, we just want information about the future plans for the software.
You and I have paid for this software already. Which product have we got? The product which could not properly catch up with latest version of JAVA to start with. Then you might want to re-iterate the "I've wanted this feature for several years now" claim of yours to round up the impression of this deal.

The amount of feedback from developers is pretty much self-explanatory. Plus the latest I've seen from developers remotely related to 'strategy' of moving forward is www.trgtd.com.au/index.php/kunena/4-sugg...ly/6839?quote=1#6849 and its basically (1) you are not getting the TR source code (2) anything else developers might have a look at someday. Good luck.

Suggestion: Yearly fees to support TR development 4 years 4 months ago #6858

• DerSam24
  • Junior Boarder
@sokolgeo
Which open source alternative have you found? I would be very interested.

Suggestion: Yearly fees to support TR development 4 years 3 months ago #6864

• sokolgeo
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
@DerSam24
Here is my escape route:
* Bullet Journal as main system: bulletjournal.com/
* emacs org-mode as reference system when I need something in digital form : orgmode.org/
** Orgzly as mobile companion for accessing org-mode files on the go: www.orgzly.com/ (I saw similar mobile companions for iOS)
* Syncthing as synchronization of my digital data between PC and Android: syncthing.net/
** Syncthing Android client: f-droid.org/packages/com.github.catfriend1.syncthingandroid or f-droid.org/packages/com.nutomic.syncthingandroid
* Pocket dictaphone for on-the-go notes.

All open-source and as future-proof as anything in this world could realistically be.

Any alternative escape routes? Anyone?
The following user(s) said Thank You: DerSam24

Suggestion: Yearly fees to support TR development 4 years 3 months ago #6869

• DerSam24
  • Junior Boarder
@sokolgeo
Many thanks for the great tips! I was able to take a look at some of the systems and I am really impressed. Some of them I have already taken over for me. Thank you!

Suggestion: Yearly fees to support TR development 4 years 1 week ago #6914

• DerSam24
  • Junior Boarder
@sokolgeo
After several weeks of extensive testing of your proposed alternative solutions, I have to admit that it was one of the best pieces of advice in a long time. I'm really happy with it and have completely switched to these solutions. I like the idea that they are open systems that will still be around in a few years and will be developed further, exactly what I was looking for. If you have any more tips, just tell me. Thanks again.
Moderators: claire
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds

About ThinkingRock

ThinkingRock is developed by Avente Pty Ltd, an Australian registered company.

ThinkingRock is not affiliated with or endorsed by the David Allen Company.

Getting Things Done® and GTD® are registered trademarks of the David Allen Company.

Read more about the ThinkingRock team in this interview on the Netbeans website

Get organized Links

We have compiled a list of useful resources if you want to get organized.

Get In Touch

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Cron Job Starts